Fun Easter craft ideas
Making Easter crafts is an enjoyable activity in the days leading up to this popular springtime holiday, and there are lots of easy and fun Easter craft ideas that you might want to try. Many of the most popular Easter crafts revolve around the iconography associated with the holiday, including bunnies, chicks, eggs and baskets. Of course, there's also the classic craft of making Easter eggs, which can be done either by hard-boiling them or poking small holes in the top and bottom of the shell and blowing out the contents before painting or dyeing them.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Painting Easter Eggs
Given the popularity of Easter eggs, it helps to have a plan in place to ensure things go smoothly when the time comes to make them. Here's what to do:
- Gather all your materials, including egg trays, food coloring and small bowls.
- Hard-boil or blow out your eggs.
- Fill the bowls with water and add the dye tablets.
- Dip the egg into the dye slowly, and turn it around until it's completely covered.
- Let the egg dry.
- Use colored pencils, crayons or markers to write on the eggs.
- Use a glue pen or glue stick to make the surface of the egg sticky, so that additional decorations like glitter and sparkles can be added.
- Store the Easter eggs in the egg tray until you're ready to hand them out or hide them!
Other Easter Activities for Kids
Easter coloring pages offer another fun way for children to enjoy the holiday while learning about its significance in the Christian faith. If you're not religious, you can also get secular Easter coloring books that focus on bunnies, chicks and eggs instead of the story of Christ.
The most beloved of all Easter games is the classic Easter egg hunt, but there are others you can play if you're looking to occupy a group of children for the day. Egg rolling and spoon races are among the most popular, and these have been played by children and grownups alike for many years. Other Easter games are designed for only one participant, including Easter word searches and jigsaw puzzles.